U of M Technological Leadership Institute Presents: Cyber Security Summit 2015 | Technological Leadership Institute
Annual two-day conference brings nationally-renowned experts together to improve the state of cyber security
October 1, 2015 - 12:04am
The University of Minnesota Technological Leadership Institute (TLI) is proud to be a presenting sponsor of the fifth annual Cyber Security Summit. As cyber threats continue to evolve and become more complex, it has become increasingly important for cross-sector collaboration to address the issue. The Cyber Security Summit provides a forum for leaders from academia, business and government to discuss the problem and begin to develop solutions.
The two-day event will feature a nationally-recognized lineup of cyber security experts including:
- Dr. Massoud Amin, director and professor, Technological Leadership Institute, University of Minnesota
- Karl Mattson, senior fellow, Technological Leadership Institute, University of Minnesota
- Steen Fjalstad, Midwest Reliability Organization, and Technological Leadership Institute alumnus
- Thomas Baden Jr., commissioner and Minnesota state chief information officer, MN.IT Services
- Michael Echols, director, Cyber Joint Program Management Office, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Brad Maiorino, SVP and CISO, Target
The summit also has a diverse lineup of topics including, cyber risk management, cyber response strategies, and two new sessions: cyber security for small and middle markets, and cyber threat intelligence. Cyber security for small markets is designed to address the growing number of cyber attacks on small to mid-size businesses without a dedicated in-house resource to manage security strategies. The cyber threat intelligence session provides insight into the operations, frameworks and demonstrations of various tools used to conduct cyber threat intelligence.
- Who: National cyber security experts and technology business leaders
- What: Fifth Annual Cyber Security Summit
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 20 and Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2015
- Where: Minneapolis Marriott Northwest, 7025 Northland Drive N, Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
You can view the full agenda for Cyber Security Summit 2015 by visiting www.cybersecuritysummit.org.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGICAL LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
The Technological Leadership Institute (TLI) is an interdisciplinary center at the University of Minnesota that was established in 1987 by an endowment from the Honeywell Foundation. Its mission is to develop local and global leaders for technology-intensive enterprises through its Master of Science degree programs: Management of Technology, Medical Device Innovation and Security Technologies. All TLI degree offerings are tailored to empower executives and leaders in their strategic vision to leverage technology to drive business development.