Prospective MOT Students
Where technology means business.
Why the MOT?
MOT students make a different decision than those who pursue an MBA program.
They choose an accelerated program taught by senior, interdisciplinary faculty, and to learn with a cohort of fellow high-potential, tech-based leaders and managers who have an average of 12 years of work experience.
They choose a program with the business foundation of an MBA education (e.g., finance, accounting, and marketing) plus unique, technology-specific management and leadership topics for which the program is world renowned:
- Strategic technology innovation and management
- Pivotal and new technology product development and market launch
- Intellectual property management
- Managing technological business opportunities, threats, and disruptions
- Local-to-global competition, collaboration, and opportunity strategies
- Best practices in oral and written business communications and conflict management
- Mapping, tracking, and forecasting technology development
- 77% of MOT graduates reported being satisfied with their jobs compared to 62% at start of the program
- As a result of the interactive, cohort-based learning, students report an additional 60% knowledge gain from interacting with classmates
- Alumni report that their MOT skills are significantly impacting their career opportunities and advancement
- Students and their companies have experienced significant career and business development as a result of the MOT Capstone Project class
- As of September 2011, 33.6% of MOT alumni are executives and over 52% of the remaining alumni hold management or senior management positions
- MOT graduation rates for MOT classes of 2007 through 2011 are 100%. Congratulations graduates!